Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chicago Trip 2008

Here is where I spent most of my money: for Ian of course!

Trump Tower in Chicago in the far distance. We did a lot of walking the city and eating at some pretty great places that are indicative of the area. Like Giordanos for Pizza, Tizzi Milloul and Fogo D'Choa for dinner, Seven on Heaven and Mary's Cafe for breakfast. All are great and a must do if you ever have the chance.
Friday was pretty wet and sloshy from the mornings rain/snow. It didn't get cold until Sunday, 15 below 0 cold! My nose hairs even froze! We did a ton of shopping, it was pretty overcast so we are going to save the Sears Tower, Water Tower for another visit. We returned on Sunday, and with only a 2 hour delay! We got back just in time, today the news has said that overnight delays are likely! Boy are we lucky!
When Jonathan sends me the pictures he took, i will add more to this section. I was too busy shopping to stop and take any pictures.
Ian spent his time with Matthew, Maura, Aunt Missy and Uncle Frank. Matthew taught him how to run and jump into a bean bag, which Ian showed me his new skill the minute I walked into the door to pick him up. Ian also learned that constantly going into Maura's room and messing with her stuff is a lot of fun too. There has been report of a dessert "jacking" while Uncle Frank ate his 8 o'clock snack, there was lip spacking and leg tapping from Ian "allegedly". Matthew maintains he had no involvement with this incident and Ian acted alone. There were no children harmed, just dessert eaten. The victim, Uncle Frank, states "I don't remember much, just a cry of cowabunga, I think I saw a babies foot then everything went black." Reports say that Ian maintains his innocence saying "Uncle Frank should have waited until certain people had gone to bed, and maybe he wouldn't have been dessert jacked - allegedly. I am innocent - does anyone know if there are any left overs from said dessert?"

No comments: