Tuesday, December 2, 2008

OMG!

This morning we arrived at the Dupont Surgery Center at 7 am. Ian was in great spirits considering he hadn't eaten or had anything to drink since 7:30 last night. He was laughin, walking around, making friends, flirting with the staff, playin with toys you know, hammin it up Ian Style. It was really easy to release him to the girls in the back to have the bilateral tube placement done. The HORROR came afterwards. They gave me a broken baby! He just cried and cried and cried and cried and cried, screamed, and cried some more. He cried all the way out the door, all the way home finally fell alseep right before I reached the house; WHEW! He slept for 2 hours, but then he woke up - SCREAMING. I'm just not used to this kind of behavoir from him. Today was hard, the 2 hour and 20 minute screaming tantrum was hard, him not knowing what he wanted, how he wanted it and when he wanted it - so he screamed was hard. Listenng to it, trying to help him feel better but I couldn't do anything right and he screamed; all that was hard too. Right now he is a sleep - not screaming - that's a nice sound. Silence. Silence. Silence. I think I will take a nap.

1 comment:

Keely said...

oh wow. I said a prayer last night that Ian would do well, and I'm thankful he's ok, but I will pray that he heals quickly and that you have wisdom, calm, and peace to share with him and make him feel better like only mommies can. You're doing great, and I know when they're screaming like that it seems like you'll never get through, but you will - and probably already have! Call me if you need a break and want me and Nathan to come play with him or anything.